Technical Account Manager
Manage accounts, deliver projects, and support pre-sales
At BeBanjo, we strive to make our customers great at putting video content online. We build easy to use but powerful web applications to manage video on-demand (VOD) services. Our customers are broadcasters, Hollywood studios, and platform operators across the globe. Our tools are at the heart of the ongoing revolution in the way films, TV series, and other media content are produced, distributed, and consumed.
We work fully remotely using Slack, GitHub, Zoom, and our homemade tools. But if we feel like going to an office we have those in Madrid, London, Paris, New York, and Los Angeles. We host get-togethers in sunny Madrid from time to time because it’s difficult to hug your colleagues over a video-chat!
BeBanjo is not a VC-funded startup. Don’t expect parties, video-games or a gym at the office. We were bootstrapped in 2008, and we’re proud to have built a growing and sustainable business. We value honest, long-term relationships with our staff and our customers.
We care about nurturing an environment where our best work can happen. We’re kind to each other, respect each other, and look after each other. We’re open and collaborative, we listen to everyone and aim for consensus when making decisions.
We don’t work with impossible deadlines. We do not micro-manage people. We treat all staff like grown-ups, and we trust each person to work when and from where they wish. We don’t value long working hours. We believe in using our time efficiently and enjoying a good work-life balance.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities and continuously foster a workplace that is safe and inclusive for everyone.
We’re expanding our business around the globe and to make that a success we are looking for a Technical Account Manager to manage client accounts, deliver projects, and support pre-sales.
The role is based in the United Kingdom and ideally located in London or the surrounding area, but remote workers are welcome too.
A Technical Account Manager, at the direction of the Director of Operations, works directly with clients throughout their relationship with BeBanjo. Our clients expect great skill and attention from their Technical Account Manager.
At BeBanjo, the Products Manager is responsible for advancing and improving our products, and the Sales Manager is responsible for growing the business via sales to new and existing clients; in addition to your responsibilities as a Technical Account Manager you will also provide support to the Product Manager and Sales Manager.
The role is broad and requires a smart generalist. It encompasses three key areas: account management, project delivery, and pre-sales (in partnership with our Sales Manager).
Account management. Acting as the primary BeBanjo contact for given clients, the TAM is responsible for fostering trusted on-going relationships. The TAM advises clients on best practice and new products and services. Working with the Product team, the TAM champions client input into BeBanjo’s product roadmap. Working closely with the Client Operations Manager the TAM manages service review meetings to discuss performance against targets, capacity planning, operational issues.
Project delivery. Leading the activities of both the on-boarding phase and subsequent changes, requiring expertise in:
- business analysis of a client’s processes and workflows.
- definition of a technical architecture, including integration points with third-party systems and configuration of the BeBanjo products.
- solution delivery by planning of development activities, working closely with BeBanjo’s Projects team, and co-ordinating with the client, third-parties and potentially a systems integrator.
Pre-sales. The TAM provides in-depth knowledge of the BeBanjo products and brings technical credibility to the sales process by:
- capturing user requirements and analysing the client’s systems and processes, to enable the proposal of well-defined and sustainable solutions with BeBanjo products at their heart.
- contributing to Request-for-Information and Request-for-Proposal responses.
Does the following describe you?
- You have excellent client facing skills.
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills.
- You are able to communicate your arguments clearly, and listen to others.
- You have high-level technical skills, with experience of defining systems architecture and leading agile software development. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty from time to time!
- You have good project management experience, and you advocate agile methodologies.
- You have business analysis skills.
- You understand video-on-demand, and ideally linear broadcasting as well.
- You have a commercial outlook.
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of the teams you manage and the projects you work on.
- You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision.
- You know how to get things done, keeping yourself and others organised and focused.
- You want to be part of building something beautiful and meaningful.
- You’d like to work with an international team of talented and considerate people.
And it would be fantastic if you also had experience of B2B online services, and a working command of another language.
Don’t rule yourself out if you think you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re looking for keen learners with a great attitude so we’re open to hiring people in the early stages of their careers, as well as the more experienced.
How to apply
Interested? If so, drop us an email and include:
- A description of your skills.
- Why you would like to work with us.
- Blog, personal site, or similar.
- CV, LinkedIn or similar.