Grow our customer base and revenues
We are recruiting a new Sales Manager to grow our customer base and revenues.
As Sales Manager, you will:
- Develop and maintain a sales plan to address BeBanjo’s market strategically, with input from the BeBanjo CEO.
- Pro-actively and systematically approach targets identified in the sales plan. For each target, you will strive to identify contacts and gather intelligence, in order to qualify the opportunity.
- Respond to opportunistic sales leads (e.g., cold contacts, invitations to respond to RFIs…) and, again, strive to identify contacts and gather intelligence, in order to qualify the opportunity.
- For each qualified opportunity, drive the commercial conversation until a deal is signed. You will identify key stakeholders at the prospect’s and demo BeBanjo products to them. You will be responsible and accountable for producing commercial proposals that demonstrate a deep understanding of the prospect’s business needs and of BeBanjo products. To do so, you will work closely with BeBanjo’s Technical Account Managers, who can provide pre-sales expertise. You must ensure that the solution sold can be effectively delivered by BeBanjo’s project and operations teams.
- Participate in contractual negotiations, with support from BeBanjo’s legal counsels.
- Prepare and attend trade shows and conferences (e.g., NAB, IBC) and marketing events.
- Coordinate sales activities with BeBanjo’s commercial partners and with BeBanjo’s parent company Arkena.
- Report on sales activities, against budgets and targets, using BeBanjo and group-wide tools (e.g., Salesforce) and processes.
The role is based in London but requires regular worldwide travel.
We would love to work with you if…
- You have excellent customer-facing skills and you know how to build personable business relationships.
- You have excellent written and spoken English skills. You are able to communicate clearly your arguments, as well as listen to others. You can empathise with prospects and look to understand their business needs.
- You have a technological culture and experience of selling technology to enterprise customers. You can demonstrate that you have gained in-depth understanding of that technology, and of the business needs it addresses.
- You understand broadcast and VOD (either through your sales experience, or through a previous role in broadcast and VOD operations). You know your editorial version from your exhibition window. You understand schedules, rights and metadata. You have a good understanding of the media value chain and you are able to highlight a clear value proposition.
- You approach sales and business development in a rigorous and systematic fashion, not in a purely opportunistic and reactive fashion. You are organised and you believe in processes that add value.
- You are comfortable working in a truly international environment. You can handle prospects in multiple timezones, with different cultural expectations.
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of the projects you work on. You are self-motivated, determined and autonomous. You are able to work with little supervision, and you know how to get things done.
- You want to be part of building something beautiful and meaningful. You’d like to work with an international team of talented and considerate people.
And it would be fantastic if you also had…
- Great contacts at broadcasters, telcos, platform operators and film studios around the world.
- Experience of B2B Software-as-a-Service.
A few years of experience are of course welcome, but we will consider junior applicants.
Interested? Drop us an email and include:
- A description of your skills.
- Why you would like to work with us.
- Blog, personal site or similar.
- CV, LinkedIn or similar.