Finance Controller (part-time)
Keep a close eye on our numbers
At BeBanjo, we strive to make our customers great at putting video content online. We build easy to use but powerful web applications to manage video on-demand (VOD) services. Our customers are broadcasters, Hollywood studios, and platform operators across the globe. Our tools are at the heart of the ongoing revolution in the way films, TV series, and other media content are produced, distributed, and consumed.
We work fully remotely using Slack, GitHub, Zoom, and our homemade tools. But if we feel like going to an office we have those in Madrid, London, and Los Angeles. We host get-togethers in sunny Madrid from time to time because it’s difficult to hug your colleagues over a video-chat!
BeBanjo is an international business, private equity owned, growing and profitable. BeBanjo is not a VC-funded startup. Don’t expect parties, video-games or a gym at the office. We were bootstrapped in 2008, and we’re proud to have built a sustainable business. We value honest, long-term relationships with our staff and our customers.
We care about nurturing an environment where our best work can happen. We’re kind to each other, respect each other, and look after each other. We’re open and collaborative, we listen to everyone and aim for consensus when making decisions.
We don’t work with impossible deadlines. We do not micro-manage people. We treat all staff like grown-ups, and we trust each person to work when and from where they wish. We don’t value long working hours. We believe in using our time efficiently and enjoying a good work-life balance.
We firmly believe in equal opportunities and continuously foster a workplace that is safe and inclusive for everyone.
About the role
BeBanjo is looking for a Finance Controller, to ensure:
- The smooth running of BeBanjo’s day-to-date financial operations
- That BeBanjo meets all its accounting obligations
- That BeBanjo’s CEO has access - at all times - to up-to-date and accurate financial information, informing business decisions
As Finance Controller, you will:
- Be responsible for overall finance processes at BeBanjo.
- Be responsible for accurate reporting on the financial performance of the business: monthly, quarterly, and yearly, both internally and externally.
- Work with BeBanjo’s CEO, to produce budgets and update forecasts.
- Work with BeBanjo’s HR and Office Manager, to ensure the smooth running of BeBanjo’s day-to-day transactions: POs and invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payrolls…
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with BeBanjo’s accountants. Provide the necessary inputs to the accountants. Check the timeliness and correctness of the accountants’ deliverables: monthly reporting, yearly accounts, cash modelling, tax forms…
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with BeBanjo’s bank.
- Manage the day-to-day financial relationship with BeBanjo’s group companies: BeBanjo LLC (USA), BeBanjo Holdings (France)…
This is a part-time role equivalent to 50% of a full-time role, with flexible working hours, on a permanent basis.
Preferably, the role should be based in Madrid, but remote applicants will be considered.
We are accepting applications for this opening until Friday 6 March.
Does the following describe you?
- You have excellent written and spoken Spanish and English skills.
- You have a formal qualification in finance and accountancy. You’re comfortable with capitalisation rules, amortisation, accruals, EBITDA, etc…
- You have experience working as a Finance Controller in a business with revenues exceeding €1M. Even better if that business is international, handling multiple currencies and entities.
- You Excel!
- You are rigorous, methodical, and detail-oriented.
- You care deeply about your work and about the success of the projects you work on.
- You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision.
- You know how to get things done, keeping yourself and others organised and focused. You hate time-wasting so you always look to improve tools and processes for efficiency.
- You want to be part of building something beautiful and meaningful.
- You’d like to work with an international team of talented and considerate people.
And it would be fantastic if you also had experience of working in a tech company!
Don’t rule yourself out if you think you don’t tick all the boxes. We’re looking for keen learners with a great attitude so we’re open to hiring people in the early stages of their careers, as well as the more experienced.
How to apply
Interested? If so, drop us an email and include:
- A description of your skills.
- Why you would like to work with us.
- Blog, personal site, or similar.
- CV, LinkedIn or similar.