Back Office Manager
All things organised neatly
At BeBanjo, we’re changing the way media companies work and collaborate. We are a technology company building easy-to-use, powerful web applications to manage all operational aspects of TV and video-on-demand (VOD) services. Our customers are broadcasters, Hollywood studios and platform operators around the globe. They include WarnerMedia, BBC, and Telefónica, to name a few. We believe we offer the best products in the world for companies running large TV and VOD services. We speak and write in English. We have team members across Spain, the rest of Europe, the USA, and beyond.
We Are Sustainable
BeBanjo is a growing and sustainable business. We value long-term relationships with staff and customers more than fluff. That means that we don’t host parties at our offices every week, neither do we have a video games console or a gym.
A Great Environment
We’re proud of the way we work and of the quality of what we build, but we’re never completely satisfied! We support on-going learning and professional growth.
Full Trust In Each Person
We do not micro-manage people and we treat all staff like grown-ups. We strive to make BeBanjo a decent workplace; we value fairness and inclusivity.
About the role
BeBanjo is growing and we are recruiting a Back Office Manager to help us scale up the running of all administrative activities from our Madrid office.
As Back Office Manager, with the guidance and support of the Finance Controller, you will look after our administrative processes, essential to the safe operations of our business:
Legal and contractual administration
- Ensure that valid contracts are in place between BeBanjo and all third-parties: vendors, employees, contractors, other BeBanjo group companies… You are not expected to draft legal or contractual documents, but you must be able to work with BeBanjo’s legal counsels and accountants, to adapt and check templates as needed
- Ensure that BeBanjo meets its regulatory obligations. Working with our accountants, legal counsels and insurers, you will ensure all required insurances are in place and renewed on time, health and safety obligations are met, etc…
- Keep all paperwork methodically filed, both physically in the Madrid office, and electronically
- Liaise with BeBanjo’s suppliers and contractors to receive and file their invoices. You will also liaise with BeBanjo team members to record and have their expenses processed
- Liaise with BeBanjo’s accountants and provide them with the materials they need (e.g., invoices from BeBanjo’s suppliers)
- Raise invoices with BeBanjo customers, working with the BeBanjo Technical Account Managers. You will liaise with the procurement teams of BeBanjo customers, to resolve administrative issues that may arise (e.g., regarding supplier setup). You will check when invoices have been paid and update our systems accordingly
- Manage equipment (e.g., laptops) and software licenses for the team: look for best plans, make purchases, maintain records…
- Produce simple financial reports under the supervision of the Finance Controller
- Working with the rest of the BeBanjo teams (Director of Operations, Team Leads), you will help define and implement processes that improve the efficiency of our business
The role is based in Madrid. It can be performed in part remotely but requires regular presence at BeBanjo’s Madrid office, at Calle del Doctor Fourquet 27 (subject to regulatory health restrictions).
We would love to work with you if…
- you are professional, rigorous and methodical. You care about good process and good tools. You ❤ Things Organised Neatly!
- you have qualifications and demonstrated experience of business administration
- you are familiar with Spanish administration
- you have excellent written and spoken English skills
- you have excellent written and spoken Spanish skills
- you are comfortable using a Mac and standard office software packages, e.g., Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- you can handle business information sensitively and confidentially
- you are comfortable working in a truly international environment. You can handle people in multiple timezones, with different cultural expectations
- you care deeply about your work. You are self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, and you know how to get things done
- you’d like to work with an international team of talented and considerate people
How to apply
Interested? If so, drop us an email and include:
- A description of your skills.
- Why you would like to work with us.
- CV, LinkedIn or similar.